Steps for “how to ship your package”
Original packaging is usually designed to ship the product once, not multiple times. Over-boxing, in the other hand, it provides extra integrity for the weakened original manufacturer’s packaging. Use the over-boxing method as much as possible to protect your equipment.
1. Inspect the package
Inspect the original packaging to ensure that the cushioning material and box are intact and unbroken. Pack the product using all the original packaging components. Make any repairs with pressure-sensitive adhesive plastic tape that is at least 2″ wide.
2. Re-package the computer in a larger box
Obtain a box that is at least 6″ larger in length, width and height than the original manufacturer’s packaging. Fill the bottom of the box with 3″ of packing material (e.g., air-cellular cushioning material such as Bubble Wrap® or loosefill peanuts). Do not use crushed paper. Center the original manufacturer’s packaging inside the outer box and fill empty spaces on all sides and the top with packing material. The inner box should be surrounded with at least 3″ of packing material around all six sides of the inner box.
3. Prepare to obtain your Shipping Label
Obtain your shipping label online by visiting UPS, USPS or Fedex. Choose the company that better fits your budget and/or your trust.
You would need to know several piece of information before requesting a shipping label. Have this information at hand before requesting an estimate and/or obtaining a shipping label:
- Full Address of Origin (your home or office address)
- Full Address of Destination.
Ship to:Pedro Jaramillo
5615 Richmond Av. Suite 240
Houston, TX 77057
- The exact size of the shipping box:Widht, Length and Deep. These measures will depend on the size of your equipment and the box chosen to hold it.
- Choose a Shipping Method for shipment: Usually Ground Service or Economy Service, this could take up to 7 days for delivery, but it is usually the least expensive.If you need your equipment sooner, please choose Priority (Air) Mail offered by USPS. Package is usually delivered in 3 or 4 business days.Choosing NEXT DAY DELIVERY on any shipping company is usually more expensive. package is usually delivered in 2 or 3 days.
- Insure your package for the estimated value of a full replacement. Carriers are not always good care services of your package. While this is optional, it is highly recommended that you insure your package. Always insure your package to protect it against lose, damage, or accident. If something happens during shipping, you can always recover the insured amount to buy another.
- Request or schedule a package pick up service, (usually free), and obtain the shipping label. Alternatively, you can bring the package to the carrier selected.
4. Seal and label the package
Using the H taping method, apply at least three strips of pressure-sensitive adhesive plastic tape that is at least 2″ wide to both the top and bottom of the carton.
Tape all seams or flaps. Place one copy of the shipping label inside the package (in case the outer label gets damaged) and place one on the top of the package. label the box in all 6 sides as DELICATE – HANDLE WITH CARE. Ensure that all required outer markings, labelings and documentation appear.